The Big 3 of the Geospatial World (the International Cartographic Association, Open Source Geospatial Foundation and International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing) have joined forces in our common aim to make geospatial education and opportunities available for all.
From 2015, we have decided to award ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Award for Open Geospatial Science at key conferences to students doing excellent research in this area. We have also set up a committee for this.
- Prof. Georg Gartner (President, ICA)
- Mr. Jeff McKenna (President, OSGeo)
- Prof. Chen Jun (President, ISPRS)
- Prof. Charlie Schweik (University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA)
- Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli (Politecnico di Milano, Italy)
- Dr. Xinyue Ye (Kent State University, USA)
- Dr. Luciene Delazari (Federal University of Paraná, Brazil)
- Dr. Tuong-Thuy Vu (UNMC, Malaysia)
- Prof. Venkatesh Raghavan (Osaka City University, Japan)
- Prof. Ivana Ivánová (FCT/UNESP, Brazil)
- Mr. Jeroen Ticheler (GeoCat)
- Dr. Serena Coetzee (University of Pretoria, South Africa)
- Prof. Helena Mitasova (North Carolina State University, USA )
- Dr. Suchith Anand (University of Nottingham, UK)
Professor Maria Brovelli is organising FOSS4G-Europe 2015 in Como, Italy (July 2015) and will be running the third edition of the very successful NASA World Wind Europa Challenge. The aim of this challenge is to inspire ideas for building great applications that serves the INSPIRE Directive and uses NASA’s open source virtual globe technology World Wind. Details at http://eurochallenge.como.polimi.it/
So the inaugural ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Award for Open Geospatial Science will be for the best student winning team at this competition.