The ICA-OSGeo Lab Network and MundoGeo are now pleased to inform the schedule of “Open Geospatial Science & Applications” webinar series. We are expecting around 500-1000 participants for our webinars . This estimate is based on the stats provided by MundoGeo on previous webinar attendance . The webinars will be open and free to all on first come register basis.
The webinars will also be recorded for the benefit of the wider community and made available at MundoGeo website and our new “Geo for All” website that the University of Southampton are now building.
The tentative schedule of first 6 webinars at
- Oct 18th, 2013 @14:00 UTC – OSGeo Live for Education (Jeremy Morley, University of Nottingham)
- Nov 7th, 2013 @14:00 UTC – Open Geo Science (Patrick Bell et al, British Geological Survey)
- Dec 10th, 2013 @14:00 UTC – Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial Applications (FOSS4G): A mature alternative in the geospatial technologies arena ( Maria Brovelli and Rafael Moreno)
- Jan 2014 -Introduction to GRASS GIS 7 (Lluís Vicens, SIGTE)
- Feb 2014 – gvSIG Batoví (Sergio Acosta y Lara, MTOP, Uruguay)
- March 2014 – AURIN (Chris Pettit, Uni. of Melbourne)
All are welcome.